1. Soccer playing aptitude of any sort.
2. Soccer playing skills of any sort.
3. Getting and maintaining the focus of 8 six-year-old boys for any amount of time, let alone for 90 minutes.
But there are other facets of coaching at which I naturally excel:
1. Kibitzing with the parents.
2. Telling everyone how great they are! That part is super easy!
3. Cutting orange slices!
I think I'm doing an OK job so far, based on my one-kid survey:
Volunteer AYSO coaching is tough and the pay sucks, but it's totally worth it. In spite of the anxiety and stress. We have a great group of kids and awesome parents, and the whole thing is starting to come together quite nicely. Go Green Ninjas!