Thursday, June 29, 2006
Monday, June 26, 2006
Check her out. What a sweetie pie. It turns out we have a ton of things in common. We both love our mommies, and we're both all about giving high fives. And then there's the chocolate.
Well, I think you know how we feel about chocolate.
Saturday, June 24, 2006
Monday, June 19, 2006
Genius. Freaking genius.
Friday, June 16, 2006
You'd think that I, watching the amount of Discovery Health Channel that I do, would have heard of this before now.
Regardless, YUCK. Super YUCK. Maybe if they gave it name like "Super Amazing Life Juice" I wouldn't be so appalled. But freaking cord blood?? Gross me out.
Wednesday, June 14, 2006
1. Go to Wikipedia.
2. In the search box, type your birth month and day (but not year).
3. List three events that happened on your birthday.
4. List two important birthdays and one interesting death.
5. One holiday or observance (if any).
1. 1947 - KTLA, the first commercial television station west of the Mississippi River, begins operation in Hollywood, California.
2. 1973 - The Supreme Court of the United States delivers its decision in Roe v. Wade striking down state laws restricting abortion during the first six months of pregnancy.
3. 1984 - The Apple Macintosh, the first consumer computer to popularize the computer mouse and the graphical user interface, is introduced during Super Bowl XVIII with its famous "1984" television commercial.
1. 1849 - August Strindberg, Swedish writer
2. 1965 - DJ Jazzy Jeff, American rapper and actor
1994 - Telly Savalas, American actor (b. 1924)
Feast day of St. Vincent
Tuesday, June 13, 2006
Thursday, June 08, 2006
Obviously there is some poetic justice involved. I'm hardly in my mid-twenties at this point. And I rarely drink tequila.
If anyone wants to drive their girlfriend to babbling, drooling insanity or rage-induced homicide, this auction is for you! Save me from having to explain to Max why I dumped his beloved Xbox-y things in the Foster City Lagoon.
Wednesday, June 07, 2006
- 1) From Overheard in New York,
Girl: I'm going to bed when I get home.
Mom: OK, if I get up before you and I want to do something fun, then should I wake you up?
Girl: It depends on what "fun" is. If it's one of your ninety-seven Starbucks runs, then no. If it's chasing the dog around the house going "Eeeeee!" then, yeah, sure.
2) The entertainment for Max's company party tonight in Munich: one Mr. David Hasselhoff. For serious!
Monday, June 05, 2006
Friday, June 02, 2006
Desmond Dekker made beautiful music, some of the only music that I listened to in early college that I still listen to. You won't find any Grateful Dead or Bob Marley on my iPod, but you'll find Desmond Dekker.
Intensified Festival 68 - Desmond Dekker & the Aces
Honour Your Mother and Father - Desmond Dekker & the Aces
You Can Get It If You Really Want - Desmond Dekker & the Aces